Sure you could have your friend get ordained online and have them perform your ceremony but will they be able to:
- Stay sober enough to get through the ceremony without giggling, or mumbling words?
- Help you create a one of a kind ceremony that fits you both (and appeases the families coming together)?
- Assist you in writing your vows, selecting readings, special ceremonies and rituals?
- Take care of the paperwork and submit it to the proper agency to finalize your legal marriage?
- Preside over the ceremony with grace and sincerity?
In essence – do you really want to have to worry about one more thing when planning your wedding? Least of all whether your friend will be able to pull it off or not. Nuff said. Call me. 🙂