Aloha you! My name is Rev Julienne Givot (pronounced joo·lee·en gee-VO) but feel free to call me Jules. You are probably here to get to know me a bit better. I’m a fan of lists and like to save my narrative prowess for my ceremonies.
You can also follow my shenanigans on Instagram. I have an accidentally popular reel of my cat there. The insta stories are where the fun happens.
My Street Cred
- Years as a Minister/Officiant: 25 (Crazy right? I started young 😉)
- Licensed marriage performer for the State of Hawaii lic. 201611641
- I’ve lived on Maui for 7 years and my family lived on the Big Island back in the 80’s. In the in-between years I lived in Boston, New York and San Francisco. I’m an island girl at heart but city girl savvy.
- Number of weddings performed: I lost track a long time ago – but hundreds!
- Ordained Minister of The Church of Spiritual Humanism
- Also ordained in The Church of the Subgenius & The Church of the Latter Day Dude for the lols 🙂
- My knowledge of Hawaiian culture comes from training in hula, wa’a (outrigger canoeing), cultural practices, Hawaiian language, history and healing. My kumus (teachers) have gifted me with so much knowledge and it is with their permission that I share it. Keeping protocol and honoring the Hawaiian culture, land and people is very important to me.
- I have a professional background in counseling, leadership, public speaking and writing.
- I have an 8lb ninja cat named Pueo (Hawaiian for owl). And yes, I have a cat voice I only use with her.
- Host of a weekly music radio show on Mana’o Radio 91.7fm KMNO
- I play ukulele VERY poorly (don’t even ask).
- One of the oddest jobs I’ve ever had is as a Standardized Patient for USCF and Stanford medical schools. I played a sick person the Med Students could practice their patient communication skills with.
- I share a birthday with Jim Henson so I have a rainbow 🌈 connection with Muppets.
- I make and sell free-range rosaries and prayer beads on Etsy.
- I love cooking and started learning how to bake bread during the pandemic. Carbs – all – the -carbs!!
- I’m a bit of a Sci-Fi nerd (Star Wars, BSG, The Expanse, Dr. Who, Star Trek etc.) Also Game of Thrones, The Crown, BBC thrillers, The Great British Baking Show.
- I have had a podcast for over 10 years that I co-host with a dear friend.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”― Maya Angelou